As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Lemur Machinedrum Template (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Lemur Machinedrum Template
MK7
Killer Beez
Re:Lemur Machinedrum Template 11 Years ago
thx!

I could hardly wait to hear some creative ideas how to use this thing and sound demos from your side!

I think it makes sense to just morph some tracks that are of minor relevance for the main rhythm, have some crazy master morphs on some buttons and other buttons prepared so that you can quickly return to a straight rhythm.
  The topic has been locked.
First of all, thanks a lot for this excellent template. I can see now it's very easy to get lost jamming with this power under your fingers.

Maybe some feature requests and comments so far:
-I work normally with an other midi base channel. Could you make it selectable?
-I would like to control for instance the slider from a real piece of hardware. I do like the functionality of Lemur, but I prefer real knobs and sliders when jamming so I don't have to look at the screen and can concentrate on the performance. Does it respond to midi input CC's?
-It's great that you can control all three pages on the MD, but if I switch to another page the settings are immediately executed. Getting back to the former setting isn't possible then, or I misunderstand the workflow. Maybe an idea to create a lemur layer for every MD settings page?

Just been playing for 15 minutes, so I'll stop commenting now and do some more testing.
keep up the good work, much appreciated!
MK7
Killer Beez
thx for the ideas!

@1: there's a global variable MDbasechannel where you can type in a different base channel.
@2: not yet, but this would really be a cool feature.
@3: you're right, this abrupt change contradicts my aim of smooth changes. I would prefer to stick to one page though to keep this program spot on. I have to think about if it might be possible to find a smoother backend solution. I think it's similar to the case when a new scene is selected while the slider is somewhere in between. in this case, the last slot of the slider does not store the last scene but the interpolated last values.

EDIT: @3: maybe the slider should simultanously tweak several pages even in 8 mode to finish jobs on other pages.. let's see
Chain Chomp
MK7 - This certainly deserves a cross post to the main forum! I'll be giving this a shot soon!

EDIT: Also, where's the MDbasechan you speak of? I also use a different base (13-16)

EDIT 2: Found it. It's set at 1. I set it to 13 Thanks!
Goomba
hell, this is so sick! just been jamming around all sunday and really understand your excitement. i very much lovethat i can select now the tracks to be affected by CTR-AL.

i also tried the MDC template, of which i very much like the reverb and SRR controll-thing (think its called multislider, don't know - i am all new to lemur). would it be possible to add perhaps a second page with some more controls over the effects section?

keep up the good work and thanks a lot for sharing!
MK7
Killer Beez
brucewayne wrote:
hell, this is so sick! just been jamming around all sunday and really understand your excitement. i very much lovethat i can select now the tracks to be affected by CTR-AL.

i also tried the MDC template, of which i very much like the reverb and SRR controll-thing (think its called multislider, don't know - i am all new to lemur). would it be possible to add perhaps a second page with some more controls over the effects section?

keep up the good work and thanks a lot for sharing!

glad you like it

you can merge the two templates via copy&paste of container objects, but I would copy MDC stuff into my template not vice versa, because I refer to global scripts/variables. I had the two templates merged together before posting so I know that it works, but wanted to keep them separate when posting officially.
Go to top Post Reply